Beautiful Home Office Organization Ideas
A clean polished workspace can improve your productivity. Getting rid of clutter alleviates anxious feelings so you can focus on your work instead of cleaning. To prevent clutter from building up it helps to put in place organizational systems. Having a spot for everything will make you feel ready to tackle any projects that comes your way.
- Make your space your desk. The best way to achieve that is to purchase a few efficient and visually pleasing accessories that give your desk a streamlined look. A cup for pens, a magazine holder for folders and small journals, and a stacked drawer unit that blends in seamlessly to keep papers and other small items out of sight.
- Bring in plenty of open shelving, add baskets to hold the messier work items. Keep books on shelves from looking too disorganized by keeping them in order using sturdy and decorative bookends.
- Customize a working calendar which helps you keep a better eye on your planning needs. You will feel more efficient and in control of your time. You can add the calendar into a picture frame.
- Create a command centre which includes your printer, a cork board and files. The benefit of clustering essential items into a centralized area of your space means you have immediate access to critical paperwork and supplies, preventing them from being misplaced and cluttering other areas of your office.
- Select a chair that is comfortable, the right height and provides proper back and arm support for the type of work you do. You can also have a small footstool under your desk for more support.
- To reduce eye strain it is important to have proper lighting installed over your reading area, on the computer, and behind you so that there is no reflection off the computer monitor. Place the computer monitor a comfortable distance from your chair so that you don’t need to squint or use reading glasses. By reducing eye strain, you will be able to work longer and more efficient.